This is the Ship’s Log for AIRPAC Squadron. It contains information provided by the Cadets about their experiences in the Sea Cadet program. The Log is the Cadet’s opportunity to share their drills, competitions and training activities with others.

To submit an entry for the Ship's Log, e-mail pictures and/or stories to the Web Site Administrator. Send as a message or as an attachment in MS-WORD format. Entries should include the date(s) and title of your training or activity. In your log entry, tell us about who, what, when, where and why.

Log entry for 5FEB2007




"Your NSCC Unit Web Site


has been selected by the Naval Sea Cadet Corps Internet Development Group as the NSCC Site of the Month for February 2007! You will receive a direct link from for the entire month!

"Your unit site is a fine example of the NSCC and you should be rightfully proud of this accomplishment!"

Log entry for 27JAN2007

On January 27th, five brave Navy League cadets, and one daring officer, set out in the pouring rain to help out local Boy Scout Troop 1 with the "Scouting for Food" service project.  These cadets walked, marched, ran and trudged through the cold rain delivering fliers and bags that would culminate in the collection of over 300 pounds of canned food to be delivered to the food bank.  After delivering their food collection they were treated to a cup of hot cocoa and ten minutes in a warm car before heading back to drill for the remainder of a very wet day.


Log entry for 15NOV2006

(Three AIRPAC cadets were attending the Sea Cadet Search and Rescue training at Camp San Luis Obispo when they were  called out to assist in an actual search and rescue. The following is a report submitted to the AIRPAC CO from Cadet Rogers recalling the events of July 2006)

We left Camp SLO at around 8:00 and arrived in Cambria approximately 9:00.  All three of us (AIRPAC cadets) went on the bus to the search site. We were each put into separate search groups consisting of around 4 searchers.  We were out on the search a good hour and a half.  I was in the group that located the man. When we found him he was half dressed and tangled in barbed wire.  His hands were bleeding and he was very confused as to what was happening. I personally didn’t find him, but I assisted in placing him into the stretcher and carry him down the hillside.  Cadet Hodges (my shipmate from the training) used his leatherman to cut the wire off from his hands.  While carrying him down the hillside, I helped to clear brush and make sure the head of the stretcher went down the cliff ok. I made sure no one would trip on any branches or rocks. I might add that there were a lot of branches and bushes and I don’t see how an 80 year old man could have managed to get out there without killing himself, but he did.  Lots and lots of poison oak as well. Once he was in the ambulance they took him to the hospital.  From there we had to walk to the end of the road where we were picked up by our leader. After that, we got into a group back at the site and had a meeting with the local departments (fire, police, search and rescue, etc).  That was pretty much what happened. Lots of events happened during SAR and none were to be regretted. It was a great training and I highly recommend it. The SAR training will only get better and better over time since we were the "guinea pigs" for the first training.